We use our own and third-party cookies to carry out analysis of the use and measurement of our website to improve our services. If you continue browsing, we consider you accept its use. You can change the settings or get more information.

A friend is driving my car and runs into… Do I have to pay for it?

Cristina goes on holiday with 2 friends in her car. They take turns driving to be less tired and, incidentally, save fuel, pollute less and because it’s fun. During the trip, Loli, one of the girls, runs into a motorbike.

Don’t worry. Insurance will also pay these damages. But, watch out! Loli must meet certain requirements to be protected, which will vary according to the insurer. The policies usually include occasional drivers over 26 years old and having had a driver’s licence for at least 2 years.

Exception: If drugs or excessive alcohol are detected.